Monday, May 13, 2019

Slider gets an update!

I’ve always dreamt of French doors, but the houses we buy always have sliding doors. They just lack beauty and character in my mind. I love things to be as beautiful as possible, so I made a spur of the moment purchase and called it a happy Mother’s Day to me! I bought some plantation shutters for sliding glass doors used from a lady not too far. They had higher ceilings, so these come almost up to the 8 feet that we have, but it makes the shutters that much more beautiful! I had put up trim molding before because there was nothing around the slider, so since I got the shutters, I knew I wanted the trim I added gone. I took that down, patched, painted, and prepped for the new shutters. I found the studs and added picked holes on the top molding piece of the shutters. I made sure it was level and screwed it up. Then I attached each side. Filled the holes and caulked and painted. Final step was screwing the door hinges back on and BAM! I was in LOVE!!! They are amazing and I can’t believe I got them for only $250!!!! Talk about a value add!!

Before 


After!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Gorgeous Faux Fireplace

I made this faux fireplace for a photo backdrop prop and now it’s for sale! It was very fun to make and decorate and now it can be yours! 🙌🌲