Sunday, April 7, 2019

Laundry pedestals out of a coffee table!

I first posted this on my old blog (ChicNitUp.blogspot.com), but this blog will show more before and after pics and how I did it.

I know this isn’t a brand new idea, but the laundry pedestals I’ve seen were so obviously a coffee table! I wanted to find a table that you’d never think it was anything else. It saved a bunch of money and time not having to build something. 

I scored a crazy sturdy coffee table for $20! I almost lost the sale by telling the seller I was turning it into washer/dryer pedestals... she got this look of envy in her eyes and said “wow, that’s such a good idea” in an impressed/annoyed tone. I shoved the money at her and told my husband to load it in the van! 

All it needed was a 1x2 wood piece added in the front to give it a unanimous look, then I added plywood piece for the base to hold baskets, paint and voila!! 

Table before and during...




This project was only so awesome because I found a piece that was so well made I didn’t worry about such heavy things like a washer and dryer on it. Plus the dimensions were perfect for our space! 

Here’s the laundry room right after we moved in.

Then I added better looking peel n stick flooring,  painted, and added new baseboard.




The window of the door going outside had some super weird floral paper taped up for privacy, so I found a bamboo shade on clearance for $26 and changed it out! 





Now comes the pedestal reveal!





For just a little over $100 I completely transformed this tired little laundry room with flooring, moldings, paint, window treatment, cute rugs, and the pedestals! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gorgeous Faux Fireplace

I made this faux fireplace for a photo backdrop prop and now it’s for sale! It was very fun to make and decorate and now it can be yours! 🙌🌲