Sunday, April 7, 2019

Great way to add character and hide tv cords!

I’ve never had a wall mount tv and never really wanted one because the cords are so ugly to me. My hubby expressed really wanting a wall mounted tv in our master because we have an angled wall across from our bed so if it sits on a dresser it looks kinda weird turned so there was always a glare watching tv not straight on. Not a huge deal, but when my hubby gives me a honey do project you can bet I’m going to jump all over it! A chance to challenge my skills, do something new, and beautify my master? I’m in!!

I thought to myself how can I truly hide the cords without doing any crazy electrical moving. Then I thought well I love shiplap and the wall is such a big wall that I could add a focal bump out with 2x4’s and then cover it with shiplap. So finding the studs in this house was a little crazy, but after that I screwed 2x4’s flat to the ones behind the wall the just so I had a 1.5” bump out. I didn’t want a focal wall coming out 3.5”. 

Here’s the before...

I first removed the baseboard so I didn’t have to work around it. Found the center of the wall, then studs, attached wood, figured out tv center and height. There wasn’t a stud where I wanted so I attached wood horizontally along two studs to make it strong for mounting the tv. 

Progress pics...



The red circle is where the tv cords go in and I added a diagonal piece of wood to funnel the cords easily down and toward the existing outlet. 

Then once I mounted the tv bracket I added all the shiplap and left a space where the outlet was that I knew the furniture would cover anyway and added side trim, baseboard, and simple farmhouse trim to match other areas of the house and bam!! 






I scored this awesome narrow console table for $60! We took the middle drawer out and the cable box and Apple TV fit perfect in the spot so no ugly stuff sitting on top of the console table! We couldn’t be happier with how it turned out and now I love having a mounted tv! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Gorgeous Faux Fireplace

I made this faux fireplace for a photo backdrop prop and now it’s for sale! It was very fun to make and decorate and now it can be yours! 🙌🌲